Liquid formulation with 1.4% w/w of calcium oxide in the form of nanoparticles dispersed in ENC (98.6% w/w). The nanoparticle size (between 20-40 nm) allows calcium to be easily translocated in the plant (through the phloem), as well as a better coverage on the leaf surface, benefitting its delivery to the fruit. This reduces the incidence of plant disorders and prolongs post-harvest life.
ENC is the exclusive technology of Agrostock, based on metabolic activators which act by stimulating self-defense mechanisms in plants, improving their metabolic system while acting as nanoparticle carriers.
Nanocrop™ Calcio provides the following advantages:
- It acts by substantially increasing the fruit calcium content, reducing the incidence of certain plant disorders related with the calcium (bitter-pit, blotch-pit, fruit softening, end rot, tipburn…).
- It significantly increases levels of calmodulin in plants, the protein that transports calcium.
- It favors the assimilation of calcium and prevents soil contamination and degradation.
- It improves the quality of the fruit both before and after picking, prolonging post-harvest life.
- It reduces the amount of calcium required, rendering crop fertilization more effective.
- It improves the general state of the crop by metabolic activation and/or through other routes, resulting in a better yield and higher quality.
- It stimulates the natural defenses of the plant, reducing the use of fungicides.