Silicon deficiencies are not readily seen, but its scarcity may cause further difficulties for the absorption of nutrients, as well as a decrease in vigour and resistance of plants.
Potassium is an essential nutrient for crops and is required in large amounts for growth and reproduction, having an effect on the shape, size, colour, and taste of the fruit.
Kaliter® Ópalo is a product formulated on the basis of potassium silicate which, due to the silicon content it incorporates, increases the resistance of the plant to abiotic stress (thermal oscillations, wind, high concentration of salts and heavy metals, hydrocarbons, etc.) and biotic stress (insects, fungi, diseases, etc.).
Kaliter® Ópalo provides the following advantages:
- It facilitates the absorption of nutrients, favouring root activity and strengthening the stem.
- It stimulates crop growth.
- It achieves a higher resistance to diseases.
- It improves the ability to overcome stressful situations.
- It reduces the amount of free water (dew, rain, mist, etc.) deposited on the aerial part of the crops, thereby making it difficult for pathogens Botrytis, Sclerotinia, Mildew, and Powdery mildew to develop.
- It improves and prolongs post-harvest fruit life since it reduces the evapotranspiration of the plant surface, which allows for a longer natural storage period.