Only available for export
Algae are photosynthesising organisms that live in water or in very wet environments. In order to withstand the extreme conditions of the habitat in which they live, they have developed a series of natural defences (plant hormones), a characteristic that makes algae important contributors to the search for agricultural optimisation. The extraction method is key to maintaining initial alga qualities, since certain plant hormones, such as auxins, are rather unstable molecules and will be greatly affected depending on the chosen method. Elixir™ is a biostimulant produced from Ascophyllum Nodosum alga which, when combined with different witamin groups and natural sugars, allow the most demanding levels to be achieved in budding, flowering and fruit developement.
As a result of cold algae extraction technology, it better conserves its content in carbohydrates (mannitol, alginic acid, laminarin and others), amino acids (glutamic acid, alanine, phenylalanine, glycine, proline, lysine, etc.) and plant hormones (cytokinins, auxins, etc.), with their biostimulant properties remaining intact.
Elixir™ provides the following advantages:
- It reinforces the development of lateral buds and the expansion of leaves.
- It is involved in cell division processes.
- It causes stomatal opening and an increase in fruit size and uniformity.
- It increases the mobilisation of nutrients in vegetative organs.
- It strengthens the root system.
- It helps in the recovery of crops in a number of stressful situations (hail, frosts, etc.).
- It increases stem growth and vigour.
- It increases the synthesis of proteins, carbohydrates and plant hormones, which all play a crucial role in the resistance of the plant organism to adverse conditions.